Happy 1st Birthday! - Season 2 Update 21
That's right, hard to believe, but exactly 1 year ago today The LOST Numbers got started! It started with a simple black and white HTML page hosted on GreatestJournal.
There was a geeky LOST fan from Massachusetts who wanted to keep track of all the number references in the show. I started keeping a list for my own reference, figuring not many people would ever be interested in such silly occurrences that seem to have no meaning.
850,000 visitors and 4,000 emails later, The LOST Numbers blog is still going!
Thank you to all the fans who e-mail me their finds. So far fans from over 60 different countries have checked and helped with the blog.
So thank you to all the fans in Afghanistan, Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Romania, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic Of Korea, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
It's mind-blowing to me to think that something so small like a number pattern from a TV show could peak so much interest and spark such a phenomenon.
Lastly, a huge thank you to the LOST writers & producers for continuing to include the numbers in the episodes. If it weren't for that, there would be nothing left to update.
Now the update...
- # of times 11:15 is said during the scene in House Of The Rising Sun where Sun talks of leaving Jin at the airport. [Thank you Aleksandro].
- In Deus Ex Machina a license plate reads 4TRIO19. 4 + 19 = 23.
- # of papayas Hurley wants to bet Sawyer in Lockdown.
- # of Oceanic planes that hang on the mobile in Maternity Leave. [Thank you Mark].
- In Maternity Leave, Sawyer is reading a book written by Walker Percy. He was born in 1916.
- In Lockdown, Anthony Cooper's license plate is 4TRIO19. 4 + 19 = 23.
- Henry Gale's zip code was 55391. 5 + 5 + 3 + 9 + 1 = 23.
- Henry Gale lived at 815 Walnut Ridge Road.
- The map shown in Lockdown displays all of the numbers, 4 8 15 16 23 42.
- In Lockdown, when Hurley and Sawyer are playing poker the cards on the table are 3 6 4 8 J. If you add up just the clubs, it's 15. (4 of clubs, 8 of clubs, 3 of clubs). If you add up the J and 6, it's 16. Then you have the 4 and 8 in order. This means 4, 8, 15, & 16 can be seen on the poker table.
- In Lockdown, Anthony Cooper's safe deposit box number was 1516. 15 and 16.
- In the episode Dave, Lenny is shown repeating all of the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42.
- In the episode Dave, Dr. Brooks says 23 people were out on the deck and it was built to hold 8. 23 & 8.
- In Maternity Leave, the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 appear on the vaccine bottles. [Thank you Tim R].
And here are some 108 references:
- In episode 11, the x-rays of Gabriella's father have the number 250884. If you take one of the numbers 23, twice, and make it 2323 and multiply it by 108 you get the number on the x-ray. 2323 x 108 = 250884. [Thank you PegasusSigma].
- In episode 8, Ana Lucia's badge number is 68631. 4 x 8 x 15 x 16 x 23 x 42 = 741880. If you take the product 741880 and divide it by 68631 you get 108.09 [Thank you Sulacu].