Offtopic Update 1 TV Guide Channel
The LOST Numbers along with several other LOST fansites made it into the TV Guide Channel's special titled The 411: On Lost!
Other sites also featured were: Lost Links
, Lost In Oahu
, Black Rock
, and Sledge's Lost Stuff
Season 2 Update 1
Hope everyone enjoyed the premiere full of all the hidden numbers!
I wanted to preface this update by saying THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR E-MAILS. I got over 150 emails after the premiere so I cannot respond to each and every one of them - but they are all appreciated. What I do when updating is I watch the episode first, and find all the ones *I* can. Then I check my email for all the ones I may have missed and give credit to those who found them. Many of you e-mailed me helpful findings, but I was able to find them myself before I checked my email. Please don't think I did not want to credit you.
To find the updated list for season 2 make sure you click the season 2 list on the left column of the site. New season, new list! The season 1 list will remain as an archive and will still be updated if new things from season 1 are found.
...you've gotta...maaaaake your own kind of musiiiiic... :)4
- # of guns left according to Jack in the season 2 premiere. [Thank you Adam]8
- # of months until Sarah's wedding when she got injured.16
- # that appears on the top of the safe dial.
- # of people in the operating room when Jack performs surgery on Sarah.
- # of the machine Sarah has in the hospital.
- # of rungs on the ladder leading into the hatch. [Thank you Ray]
- Desmond is riding his exercise bike in the hatch at 16 MPH.23
- Nurse in the operating room said Sarah's pulse was 88 over 52. 8 + 8 + 5 + 2 = 23.815
- The clock in Sarah's hospital room shows 2:30 when she wakes up and asks if she's alive.
- The first sequence of numbers on Jack's hospital ID is 75425. 7 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 5 = 23.
- 8:15 AM was the time of death for Adam Rutherford.MIXED
- The bottles of medicine that Desmond has in his cabinet all say 4 8 15 16 23 42 across the top.
- When Jack is running through the stadium, the camera focuses on two of the seats and they are numbered 15 and 16.
- A wall inside the hatch shows the number 108. 108 is the sum of 4 8 15 16 23 42.
- To open the safe we see Desmond go to the numbers 23, 42, 48.
- It appears as though Desmond types 4 8 15 16 23 42 on the keyboard before hitting the execute button. Note: You can't see the keys he's hitting but if you count the keys and where he hits the space bar it does fit with 4 8 15 16 23 42 and it does look like he hits the 1 key twice, once for 15 and once for 16. [Thank you KStudio]
- When Jack is running through the stadium we can see signs up that label the rows of seating. We can see 4 8 15 42.
Offseason Update 16
Passing along this piece of great news I received a while ago. I hope Steve does not mind me sharing these emails with you all. The LOST Numbers is to be featured on the TV Guide Channel!
> To Whom It May Concern:
> We here at TV Guide Channel are putting together a special on The Ultimate
> Guide to Lost. Within one segment of the program we will show how Lost
> has reached out to connect with fans and how fans are helping to build the
> mythology with multiple fan websites.
> We'd like the ability to incoporate your website:
> thelostnumbers.blogspot.com into our special as an example of one of the
> better sites.
> As is the nature of television, we would need to know about permission by
> this Wednesday, September 14th.
> Please let me know as soon as possible.
> Steve Sabellico
> Coordinator, Rights & Clearances
> TV Guide Channel
> 6922 Hollywood Blvd.
> Hollywood, CA 90028
> PH: (323) 817 - 4873
> FX: (323) 817 - 4929
The special is set to air on TV Guide Channel on Sept. 26th and air for a
Check your local listings for exact times.
Offseason Update 15
Executive Producer Damon Lindelof was in the E! Online chat tonight
, and had something to say about the numbers!
From Luv: How did you come up with the specific numbers for Hurley?
Well, that is a big secret, and we are not going to reveal it. I think there is a lot of interest in what the numbers mean and how we came up with them. But what's amazing to me is that we think we're being very clever and hiding those numbers all over the show, prior to the "Numbers" episode, and already I know there are Web pages that have gone up that bust us on every single one that we've ever hid, and they find ones that we didn't even intentionally hide, ones that are in sort of the production design of the show. The only number was always sort of a key number was 23, and anybody who knows anything about Robert Anton Wilson or any of his writing can read into that what they will. That's an important number in terms of the scheme of the show.
Offseason Update 14 Emmy Congratulations
The LOST Numbers sends out a big congratulations to all of the cast & crew on their 6
OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES#2
APRIL WEBSTER, C.S.A.
MANDY SHERMAN, C.S.A.
VERONICA COLLINS ROONEY
OUTSTANDING SINGLE-CAMERA PICTURE EDITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES#3
MARY JO MARKEY, A.C.E., Editor
Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)
OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A SERIES (DRAMATIC UNDERSCORE)#4
MICHAEL GIACCHINO, Composer
OUTSTANDING SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS FOR A SERIES#5
KEVIN BLANK, Visual Effects Supervisor
MITCH SUSKIN, Visual Effects Supervisor
ARCHIE AHUNA, Special Effects Supervisor
JONATHAN SPENCER LEVY, CGI Supervisor
BENOIT “BEN” GIRARD, CGI Supervisor
LAURENT M. ABECASSIS, CGI Supervisor
KEVIN KUTCHAVER, Visual Effects Compositor
STEVE FONG, Visual Effects Compositor
BOB LLOYD, Visual Effects Compositor
Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)
OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA SERIES#6
J. J. ABRAMS, Director
Pilot (Part 1 & Part 2)
OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
J. J. Abrams, Executive Producer
Damon Lindelof, Executive Producer
Bryan Burk, Executive Producer
Carlton Cuse, Executive Producer
Jack Bender, Executive Producer
David Fury, Co-Executive Producer
Jesse Alexander, Co-Executive Producer
Javier Grillo-Marxuach, Supervising Producer
Sarah Caplan, Producer
Leonard Dick, Producer
Jean Higgins, Produced by